Saturday 24 March 2018

Return to Venice...

At last I have some time to myself...

...where I can enjoy a long-awaited return to Venezia.

I had so much to do for the show that I couldn't even think about it before...

...but today is another day!! :-)


I simply HAD to paste in a GAZZETTINO heading...

...being a big fan of Donna Leon's Brunetti novels!!




...and some postcard bits that I picked up while there...




We loved our hotel - Casa Sant' Andrea, a converted monastery...so peaceful...




Along the front wall we found some lovely small Byzantine-type mosaics...

...of Santa Chiara and Sant Francesco of Assissi.

My fingers are already itching to begin cutting out tiny squares of coloured paper!!




We found them after going under some  arches one evening...

...so this stencil came in useful :-)




AND....I noticed the word "Venezia" on the piece of a page that I'd stuck on!

Serendipity always plays with you eh?




Some of my photos of our first glimpse of the Grand Canal.

Rather than cutting square, I've used a fancy cutting die for all of my pictures...

...and used some Distress Inks to darken the edges.




I'm lining pages with Italian handwriting paper...





...and some pages from a Savanarola book I picked up for £1 in Hay-on-Wye.




Plenty more pages to go yet...

Have a great weekend folks

x C